Step Up to Quality Information
The YWCA Child Care Resource & Referral can assist programs in becoming rated, renewing ratings, and increasing their rating through one on one coaching with issues such as preparing your required documentation, creating a professional development plan, room arrangements, lesson planning and more.
What is Step Up To Quality?
Step Up To Quality is Ohio’s voluntary quality rating system for ODJFS licensed child care programs. Step Up To Quality identifies early care and education programs that go above Ohio’s licensing standards. Supports and awards are offered to help programs in achieving and keeping a Star Rating. Programs that go beyond the minimum health and safety standards can earn stars. This is done by meeting the quality program standards for the State of Ohio.
Program Standards for Centers
Program Standards for Family Child Care
Step Up To Quality means:
- There may be more teachers per child. This allows teachers to spend more time with each child.
- Better qualified teachers will be available. Teachers will have more training in early childhood development.
- There is a commitment to use Ohio’s Birth-5 Kindergarten Entry Early Learning and Developmental Standards.
- Providing an outstanding work environment ensures staff are treated professionally and offered benefits. This will help retain good teachers.
- The goals of SUTQ are:
- To boost the number of high quality early care and education programs helping children.
- To provide specialized training and program assistance for childcare providers.
- To offer an easy to use tool for parents, helping them choose high quality care and education for their children.
- To recognize and support programs that accomplish higher levels of quality.
Learn more about SUTQ at: www.earlychildhoodohio.org.
Become a Child Care Provider ( We're glad you became a provider | Disclaimer)
| Update Your Program |
| Professional Development Opportunities (Training Guidelines) |
| Provider Connection Newsletters |
| Step Up to Quality |
| Additional Resources for Providers |
SIGN UP FOR CCR&R NEWSLETTERS | CONTACT US
Disclaimer: YWCA Child Care Resource & Referral does not license, endorse, or recommend
any particular provider nor can assure you that any provider gives quality care.
Crawford Region: Serving Crawford, Marion, Morrow, and Richland Counties
Lima Region: Serving Allen, Auglaize, Hancock, Hardin, Mercer, Putnam, and Van Wert Counties
Toledo Region: Serving Defiance, Fulton, Henry, Lucas, Ottawa, Paulding, Williams, and Wood Counties