Making a Difference
When you make a gift to the YWCA, you help the most vulnerable among us. Your gift can provide breast health education and support for the uninsured and underinsured. You help provide violence response services for those experiencing domestic violence or sexual assault. You support teen pregnancy education programming and child care quality assurance. You support the YWCA’s efforts to address issues of systemic racism while empowering women.
Your gift to the YWCA can make a difference, offering a hand up, not a handout.
Outright Gifts: Making a Difference Today
You can make a difference today.
By making a one-time or a recurring gift, you support programs and services we deliver to women and children every day. A recurring gift, charged to your credit or debit card, can enable you to have an even larger impact by spreading your gift over a longer period of time.
Immediate gifts of cash appreciated securities or real or tangible property can create long-term benefits for those we serve. Your gift can be used to address the YWCA’s long-term capital needs. Or your gift can be included in the YWCA Endowment Fund, which provides a permanent level of support because the principal in the Fund is never used, but interest income from the Fund supports the YWCA’s programs and services.
However you choose to make a difference, we are grateful.
From our website, you can make your gift securely online. Several options are available:
- Make a one-time gift.
- Make a sponsorship payment.
- Make a pledge with convenient monthly payments.
- Make a gift in honor of or in memory of someone special.
In addition to giving online, there are other ways you can support the mission and work of YWCA.
Mail Your Gift to
YWCA Northwest Ohio
1018 Jefferson Avenue
Toledo, OH 43604
For more donation information, call 419-241-3235 or via email at email@example.com
Planned Gifts: Making a Difference beyond the Needs of Today
You can also make a difference by supporting the YWCA vision beyond today’s needs by including the YWCA in your financial and estate planning. Tax benefits may be available to you, including an immediate charitable deduction, avoidance of capital gains taxes, or a reduction of estate taxes. Consult with your attorney or tax advisor for information about your specific situation.
Several Options are available to donate through Planned Giving:
- Beneficiary Designation (you can add the YWCA as a revocable beneficiary of your qualified IRA, pension plan, bank account, or insurance policy)
- Charitable Lead Trusts (If you have ample income now, you may elect to retain ownership of a trust’s principal to meet future goals for your family, but direct income from the trust to the YWCA for a specific term identified in the trust. After that period, the principal in the trust returns to you or your designee.)
- Charitable Remainder Trusts (Charitable trusts can provide a life income to your and/or a loved one. After your lifetime/s, the trust principal passes to the YWCA. Other charities may be also named as recipients of your generosity.)
- Donate Stock (When you transfer stock or other securities to the YWCA, you are eligible for a tax deduction for fair market value. You can designate your gift for a specific fund or purpose.)
- Life Insurance (When you no longer need the protection of a life insurance policy, you can transfer ownership of the policy to the YWCA and secure tax benefits at the time of your gift, while making a significant impact for those served by the YWCA.)
- Wills and Revocable Living Trusts (Gifts to the YWCA by will or living trust allows you to retain all your assets during your lifetime. You may designate a percentage of your estate, a specified amount or the residue of your estate)
Those who make planned gifts to the YWCA become members of our Legacy Society. To get started, please contact the development office at 419-241-3235 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org