YWCA Milestones Nomination Process
YWCA Northwest Ohio presents the YWCA Milestones: A Tribute To Women award to women who represent outstanding achievements in their field of endeavor and whose achievements are supportive of the YWCA mission. Awards are presented to women who represent a diversity of race, age, occupation, and endeavor.
Please ensure nominations are made in strict confidence. We appreciate your effort to not inform the nominee that she is being considered for this award. Follow our Facebook page for information when nominations open!
Women nominated in previous years may be nominated again. Incomplete forms will not be considered. Nominations can come from family members, co-workers, friends, and superiors. Self-nominations will not be considered.
Selected Milestones recipients will be recognized and honored leading up to the awards event. As information about the event is released, recipients will be notified and it will be posted on our website.
We greatly encourage you to please submit a complete and accurate picture of your nominee’s accomplishments and to ensure only one form is submitted per nominee. Please do not submit anything beyond what is required, it cannot be taken into consideration. Any materials submitted will not be returned.
Please note the following submission requirements:
- Incomplete forms may not be considered by the committee.
- All questions must be answered in completion for consideration.
- The selection committee would like you to submit no more than 2 pages total for supporting evidence. Examples include: a letter of recommendation, a personal bio, a resume or a publication etc.
Criteria for selection include: unique, exemplary achievements in her field, serving as a role model for women in the community, and lives a life consistent with the YWCA mission of empowering women, eliminating racism and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
All selected honorees must be available to attend all of the following:
- pre-conference honoree meeting
- the announcement press conference
- a videotaped interview
- live acceptance speech
- a professional photo shoot
- The Milestones Awards Luncheon on March 30,2023 and pre-luncheon reception
The Milestones selection committee will notify the selected honorees personally. Notification of non-selected nominees will be sent via email to the nominator.