CHILD CARE PROVIDERS
BECOME A CHILD CARE PROVIDER
Are you thinking about becoming a child care provider? Currently, there are three types of child care providers that are certified or licensed through the State of Ohio.
Child Care Centers – Facilities are licensed and inspected by the State of Ohio at least once a year. The size of the center determines the number of children and the number of staff.
Type A Family Child Care Providers – Homes licensed by the State of Ohio to provide care for up to 12 children with two adults providing care.
Type B Family Child Care Providers – Homes that may be certified by the State of Ohio for up to six children. Type B homes are not required by the State of Ohio to be licensed.
For information on becoming a licensed Type B provider, a licensed Type A provider, or to open a center, visit the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services website at http://jfs.ohio.gov/cdc/openingachildcareprogram.stm
You will also want to consider becoming a YWCA CCR&R Registered Provider. Benefits include:
- We help connect child care providers with parents who are seeking child care.
- We provide a variety of child development trainings several days a week at various times of the day to ensure child care providers can meet their professional development goals.
- We offer coaching for your programming needs such as: room arrangements, setting up different centers in your rooms, appropriate book and toy selections, and more.
- We keep child care professionals connected to events and policy issues through our monthly newsletter.
- We offer a free Resource Library where providers can borrow books and prop boxes, laminate items, and create activity bulletin boards using our Cricut and Ellison machines.
- We offer an annual Provider Appreciation Day event to celebrate all the hard work child care providers do every day.
- We offer all of these services and more to our registered child care providers free of charge.
To become a Registered Provider with the YWCA CCR&R your center must be licensed by the State of Ohio and within the counties we serve. In addition, you must submit the following forms:
- Family Day Care Home Data Sheet
- Family Child Care Reference List
- Family Fire Escape Plan
- Provider Standards and Agreement
- Employee Medical Statement for Child Care
Please print and complete these documents and contact the CCR&R in your region in order to submit them. If you have any questions or concerns as you complete this packet, please feel free to call our office for assistance at (800) 632-3052. All elements of the application packet contain information that may be useful to you in the future. We suggest you make copies of all completed materials before submitting them to our office.
For more information, call and speak to one of our specialists.
Toledo Region: 800.632.3052
Lima Region: 800.992.2916
Mansfield Region: 855.548.9598
Disclaimer: YWCA Child Care Resource & Referral does not license, endorse, or recommend any particular provider nor can assure you that any provider gives quality care.