Parents & Families
Finding affordable, quality child care that fits the unique needs of your child is a challenge! With many different program options, such as center-based or family child care, knowing what to look for and which questions to ask are vital to the selection process.
That’s why the YWCA Child Care Resource and Referral offers FREE and confidential consultations and referrals to all parents in need of child care services.
We help parents to:
- Locate, evaluate, and select the best childcare that meets the needs of their child and family
- Select the best care for children with special needs
- Look for indicators of quality in a child care program
Our Parent & Family Programs Include:
- BabyTalk (Toledo)
- Family Fun Learning Group (Lima)
- Family Learning Labs (Mansfield)
- Book Buddies (Toledo)
- Little Hands Sensory Group (Toledo)
- Fatherhood group (Coming Soon to Lima)
Parent / Caregiver Training Workshops: (Offered in all locations)
- ACT Raising Safe Kids
- Nurturing Parenting
- Positive Parenting Program (Triple P)
How to Find Child Care
We provide contact information for the best in child care for your family in our three regions, including the Ohio Child Care Finder.
How to Choose Child Care
Find quality childcare by knowing the right questions to ask, what to look for when you visit a facility, and more.
Resources for Families & Parents
View our collection of valuable resources including developmental milestones, early education, and kindergarten readiness.
Types of Child Care
Currently, there are three types of child care providers that are licensed and inspected by the State of Ohio at least once a year.
- Child Care Centers – The size of the center determines the number of children and the number of staff.
- Type A Family Child Care Providers – Provides care for up to 12 children with 2 adults providing care.
- Type B Family Child Care Providers – Provides care for up to 6 children.
For more information, call and speak to one of our specialists.
Toledo Region: 800.632.3052
Lima Region: 800.992.2916
Mansfield Region: 855.548.9598
Disclaimer: YWCA Child Care Resource & Referral does not license, endorse, or recommend
any particular provider nor can assure you that any provider gives quality care.
Mansfield Region: Serving Crawford, Marion, Morrow, and Richland Counties
Lima Region: Serving Allen, Auglaize, Hancock, Hardin, Mercer, Putnam, Van Wert, and Wyandot Counties
Toledo Region: Serving Defiance, Fulton, Henry, Lucas, Ottawa, Paulding, Williams, and Wood Counties